Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

does anybody know the empirical formula of eigenfrequencies of circular membrane?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to calculate eigenfrequency analyticaly and compare it with the results the Comsol gives.

Please be kind and write me the formula if you know. The diameter of membrane is 1mm and thickness is 1micron.

Sincerely
info@kitesurfing.lt

1 Reply Last Post Oct 13, 2010, 1:56 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 13, 2010, 1:56 a.m. EDT
Hi

I believe that is to be found on the web, else try a classical book like:
Formulas for natural frequency and mode shape" by R.D. Blevins, Krieger ISBN 1-57524-184-6

It's certainly by your library, and it should be by all structural FEM enfgineers as part of standard V&V of our FEM models

For you case you must also clearly specify how the membrane (and if its a membrane or a plate) is fixed

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe that is to be found on the web, else try a classical book like: Formulas for natural frequency and mode shape" by R.D. Blevins, Krieger ISBN 1-57524-184-6 It's certainly by your library, and it should be by all structural FEM enfgineers as part of standard V&V of our FEM models For you case you must also clearly specify how the membrane (and if its a membrane or a plate) is fixed -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.