Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multi turn coil simulation in 4.3 version

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
im trying to simulate a HV transformer in comsol , the LV coil is sheet or a thick ring and its ok but simulating the HV coils which consists of many many turns seems impossible! i found a two turn coil pdf in AC/DC models but mine has over 500 turns !!! what geometry can i use? how can i make one and comsol help me multiple one turn into many turns? cant make 500 circles obviously!!
i found a model of coil in comsol forums but i cant open it since i dont have access to upper than 4,3 version,
please help me. just a few days to the deadline

2 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2016, 11:14 a.m. EDT

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 12, 2016, 11:11 a.m. EDT
Review the attached for all you need to know about coils in Comsol v4.3...

Review the attached for all you need to know about coils in Comsol v4.3...

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 12, 2016, 11:14 a.m. EDT
p.s. there may be some functionality in v4.3a that is not present in v4.3, but hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

Are you on v4.3, or v4.3a?
p.s. there may be some functionality in v4.3a that is not present in v4.3, but hopefully it will point you in the right direction. Are you on v4.3, or v4.3a?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.