Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help for a simple Joule Heating simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Community,

i have a little Problem with Creating a simple Simulation.

I need to know the temperature distribution in Carbon Fibre (200x200mm), when i create current apparent power(for example 300VA).
I used this software before, but for a simplified simulation. So now i have no idea how to create the test setup. There is an attachment with a simple Setup.

Thank you for helping.

I hope the Topic Joule Heating is the right one.

fs5.directupload.net/images/161026/dfu4yco2.jpg

1 Reply Last Post Oct 26, 2016, 9:48 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 26, 2016, 9:48 a.m. EDT
Hello Dmitrij,
One of the two tutorials in the "Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics" manual, version 5.2a, demonstrates step-by-step how to set up a Joule heating model. All manuals can be access through File>Help>Documentation.
You will find additional tutorials on Joule heating in the Applications Libraries (also under the File menu), as well as on the COMSOL website, see for instance this very didactic video: www.comsol.com/video/how-set-up-run-simulation-comsol-multiphysics .
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Dmitrij, One of the two tutorials in the "Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics" manual, version 5.2a, demonstrates step-by-step how to set up a Joule heating model. All manuals can be access through File>Help>Documentation. You will find additional tutorials on Joule heating in the Applications Libraries (also under the File menu), as well as on the COMSOL website, see for instance this very didactic video: https://www.comsol.com/video/how-set-up-run-simulation-comsol-multiphysics . Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.