Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase separator using Rotating Machinery Mixture Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am simulating a phase separator using Rotating Machinery Mixture Module. The model consists of a rotating tube with a rotating vane at the inlet.
I have tried different boundary conditions of the mixture and the dispersed phase outlets but I still obtain bizarre behaviour of the fluid, like a sudden change of the fluid velocity and the pressure. Specially at high rotating velocities, the dispersed phase seems like refusing to exit the system.
I have fixed a velocity condition at the inlet and a zero pressure at the outlet.
Figure are attached for more clarity.

I need an urgent help please. :)

0 Replies Last Post Dec 12, 2016, 10:08 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rodrigue Farah

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.