Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Local Coordinate system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Is it possible to define a new origin for a defined coordinate system in COMSOL?
COMSOL only asks base vectors> I couldn't find any place to define coordinate's origin.

Any help would be really appreciated.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 2, 2017, 2:42 p.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 2, 2017, 9:45 a.m. EST
Is it possible to define a new origin for a defined coordinate system in COMSOL?

Use a Mapped System.

[QUOTE]Is it possible to define a new origin for a defined coordinate system in COMSOL? [/QUOTE] Use a Mapped System.

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 2, 2017, 2:42 p.m. EST
Thanks for your response.
I've the mapped coordinate system. I have a translation and then a rotation about z axis, Is is possible to define this new coordinate system containing both?
Thanks for your response. I've the mapped coordinate system. I have a translation and then a rotation about z axis, Is is possible to define this new coordinate system containing both?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.