Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Imposing pressure and velocity continue boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am building a model to understand fluid flow inside a porous medium. I have a thin film on liquid which is being absorbed into the porous medium. The liquid film is a free boundary and flows by laminar flow. I enabled the porous medium flow in the porous block and nothing the film section. The inlet velocity is specified for the film and the outlet pressure=0. the initial condition is the same for both regimes.
I want to specify pressure continuity and velocity continuity conditions at the boundary between the fluid film and porous medium. I tried to impose them using interior fan and interior walls conditions in laminar flow physics but it did not work.
Can you please suggest how I can impose these boundary conditions?

Thank you
Shreya

0 Replies Last Post Mar 8, 2017, 3:48 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shreya Sahasrabudhe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.