Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Working with a resonant transformer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL-Community,

I'm currently working on a mf-Model, taking a closer look on a transformer which is to be set resonant at 25 kHz. I set it up quite similar to the "E Core Transformer" example from COMSOL. I used a circuit to define it and used a capacitor in series to the inductor to make the transformer resonant. Now, if I change any parameters (windings, resistances, frequency) I have to reset the capacitance every single time. Now that COMSOL needs to calculate the transformer first to "know" its inductance I guess its rather difficult to let it calculate the needed capacitance with that inductance, isn't it?

Thanks in advance,
sincerely,
Philipp.

0 Replies Last Post May 16, 2017, 3:03 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Philipp Gelmroth

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.