Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to mesh CFRP and copper material, but there is so much size difference that i am unable to do it. any help?

3 Replies Last Post May 23, 2017, 11:13 a.m. EDT

Posted: 7 years ago May 22, 2017, 6:16 p.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago May 22, 2017, 6:17 p.m. EDT

I am trying to mesh CFRP and copper material, but there is so much size difference that i am unable to do it. any help?

I suggest a swept mesh (along the z direction) for the slabs.
Amin,
[QUOTE] I am trying to mesh CFRP and copper material, but there is so much size difference that i am unable to do it. any help? [/QUOTE] I suggest a swept mesh (along the z direction) for the slabs. Amin,

Posted: 7 years ago May 23, 2017, 9:49 a.m. EDT
I am new to COSOL (or any other 3D software), can you tell me in detail how to do that?

The maximum dimensions is 5 mm and minimum is 0.075 mm.

Thanks
Prashant
I am new to COSOL (or any other 3D software), can you tell me in detail how to do that? The maximum dimensions is 5 mm and minimum is 0.075 mm. Thanks Prashant

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago May 23, 2017, 11:13 a.m. EDT
The Reference Manual, version 5.3, has an extensive discussion on meshing: Chapter 8, starting on page 534. It contains tutorials starting on page 593.
All manuals can be accessed through File > Help > Documentation.
Best regards,
Jeff
The Reference Manual, version 5.3, has an extensive discussion on meshing: Chapter 8, starting on page 534. It contains tutorials starting on page 593. All manuals can be accessed through File > Help > Documentation. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.