Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to find volume maximum value of a boundary?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am having a problem in calculating the maximum temperature of a boundary in my model. For a domain i simply go to derived values under result and press right click and choose volume maximum, there in the setting of volume maximum i can choose the domain where i want to calculate the maximum value of a variable, in my case it is temperature. However, this time i want to calculate the maximum temperature of a boundary in my model, but the volume maximum option only shows domain to choose from the list.
Can anyone help me to find out how can i choose a boundary in the volume maximum option or is there anyother way to calculate the maximum temperature of a boundary in my model?
any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post Jul 30, 2017, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 28, 2017, 8:28 a.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago Jul 28, 2017, 8:31 a.m. EDT
If I understand you correctly, you're trying to get a surface maximum, not a volume maximum. In which case, you go to Derived Values > Maximum > Surface Maximum.
A very good resource for learning many powerful post-processing techniques in COMSOL is this document, which addresses your question on page 4: www.comsol.com/zmags/essentials-of-postprocessing-and-visualization .
Best,
Jeff
If I understand you correctly, you're trying to get a surface maximum, not a volume maximum. In which case, you go to Derived Values > Maximum > Surface Maximum. A very good resource for learning many powerful post-processing techniques in COMSOL is this document, which addresses your question on page 4: https://www.comsol.com/zmags/essentials-of-postprocessing-and-visualization . Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 30, 2017, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Thankyou jeff,
I got that, could you please help me with my new query
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/151623/

Thanks
Thankyou jeff, I got that, could you please help me with my new query https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/151623/ Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.