Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems installing matlab with comsol in mac

Mario Eduardo Villanueva

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I've been trying to run comsol with matlab, but i havent been able, i have comsol 3.5a with hotfix1 and matlab r 2009, matlab is installed under /Applications, with the name MATLAB.app, ive tryied everything but nothing seems to work, i click on comsol with matlab and it starts the x11 and then comsol icon dissapears and matlab never appears.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Last Post Feb 15, 2012, 6:44 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2009, 1:38 p.m. EST
Hi,

The installation folder to MATLAB is /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app

hope this helps
Cheers, Z
Hi, The installation folder to MATLAB is /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app hope this helps Cheers, Z

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 14, 2012, 7:36 a.m. EST
Hey I have the same issue...
I'm currently trying to understand this.

So far I think

1) Your software is restricted and the live link is not allowed (i'm using the server of the university to get the license)

or

2) In the X11 you need to link using commands, comsol with matlab.

I'm new to this so these are just assumptions..I'm lost like you
Hey I have the same issue... I'm currently trying to understand this. So far I think 1) Your software is restricted and the live link is not allowed (i'm using the server of the university to get the license) or 2) In the X11 you need to link using commands, comsol with matlab. I'm new to this so these are just assumptions..I'm lost like you

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 14, 2012, 7:36 p.m. EST
So far

1)

In the X11 go to applications/COMSOL42/bin/comsol (I'm not sure about the COMSOL42..but just go to the bin file and then open comsol in any text editor.
use the vi editor or any editor to open it and look for MLROOT. (should be beginning the file).

type: MLROOT=/Applications/MATLAB_R2011b.app (or wherever is stored your matlab app)

save it and open COMSOL with MATLAB. It should work perfectly. If not you are getting some errors which will be shown in your X11 terminal, usually stored as a set log file...Find the path to see what is the error and tell me.

PS: I may have done some typo errors but the idea is here
So far 1) In the X11 go to applications/COMSOL42/bin/comsol (I'm not sure about the COMSOL42..but just go to the bin file and then open comsol in any text editor. use the vi editor or any editor to open it and look for MLROOT. (should be beginning the file). type: MLROOT=/Applications/MATLAB_R2011b.app (or wherever is stored your matlab app) save it and open COMSOL with MATLAB. It should work perfectly. If not you are getting some errors which will be shown in your X11 terminal, usually stored as a set log file...Find the path to see what is the error and tell me. PS: I may have done some typo errors but the idea is here

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 6:44 p.m. EST
Check the forum with this title..actualyl will help you..I had your same problem and manage to solve it

Link Matlab to Comsol in MAC - path problem
Check the forum with this title..actualyl will help you..I had your same problem and manage to solve it Link Matlab to Comsol in MAC - path problem

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.