Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling of Piezoelectric Effect

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anybody give me a suggestion how to inject a pressure source on my Piezo solid? So the wave have to pass through the Piezo solid and produces a electric output from my Piezo solid.

3 Replies Last Post Nov 14, 2009, 10:00 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2009, 1:45 a.m. EST
Hi

what about considering the Load BC (boundary Condition case) mostly it is expressed as pressure or a pressure over a depth (in 2D), check the units, as a force applied to a surface results ina pressure.

hope it helps
Ivar
Hi what about considering the Load BC (boundary Condition case) mostly it is expressed as pressure or a pressure over a depth (in 2D), check the units, as a force applied to a surface results ina pressure. hope it helps Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2009, 5:04 p.m. EST
Thanks and appreciated for you suggestion. But in my modelling I should use a pressure wave that have to penetrate in to my Piezo Solid. Do I have to use pressure acoustics mode or PDE wave equation mode.

Thanks man
Thanks and appreciated for you suggestion. But in my modelling I should use a pressure wave that have to penetrate in to my Piezo Solid. Do I have to use pressure acoustics mode or PDE wave equation mode. Thanks man

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 14, 2009, 10:00 a.m. EST
Hi

OK if you need "p" as dependent variable, I beleive they are rather similar, one is build on the other no?
[g]=>[c]=>[aco ~= acpr]
it depends on the variables you already have and the extra pre-defined physics you might find handy in a [acpr] w.r.t an [aco].
Probably the [acpr] is the most advanced, I expect (but I'm not 100% sure in V3.5a would have to look it up in detail) that its independent if you fetch it from the Accoustic, Structural or MEMS module.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi OK if you need "p" as dependent variable, I beleive they are rather similar, one is build on the other no? [g]=>[c]=>[aco ~= acpr] it depends on the variables you already have and the extra pre-defined physics you might find handy in a [acpr] w.r.t an [aco]. Probably the [acpr] is the most advanced, I expect (but I'm not 100% sure in V3.5a would have to look it up in detail) that its independent if you fetch it from the Accoustic, Structural or MEMS module. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.