Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulate for an additional value of a parameter after completing a parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a new user of Comsol and having difficulties to overcome a simple problem.

I am simulating a semiconductor device with varying gate voltage Vg and drain voltage Vd using the parametric sweep.

Let's assume I have completed a parametric sweep "Study 1/Step 1: stationary" with the following values of the variables: Vg=2 [V] Vd=1 2 3 4 [V]

Comsol saves (names) the data output as Study 1/Solution 1 (sol1).

At this point, if I decide to simulate Vd=5V, what do I need to do?

I do not want to re-simulate the first parametric sweep and I also want to use Vd=4V data as initial values for the Vd=5V simulation.

Do I need to create a new Stationary Study or do I need to add another step under Study 1?

In the very end, can I create a single data file including all the combinations of parametric sweeps together so that I can easily plot graphs of them?

Thanks and regards, Bugra

1 Reply Last Post Mar 23, 2018, 3:01 p.m. EDT
Chien Liu COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 23, 2018, 3:01 p.m. EDT

Dear Bugra,

Yes you can create a new study with a stationary study step, and use the settings under the section "Values of Dependent Variables" to specify the Vd=4V data as the initial condition.

After solving, you can create an empty study, and then add a "Combine Solutions" node to concatenate the two solutions for plotting.

Sincerely,

Chien

Dear Bugra, Yes you can create a new study with a stationary study step, and use the settings under the section "Values of Dependent Variables" to specify the Vd=4V data as the initial condition. After solving, you can create an empty study, and then add a "Combine Solutions" node to concatenate the two solutions for plotting. Sincerely, Chien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.