Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry Resolution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am doing doing a study of the electric field in a simple geometry but it looks like due to the resolution of the geometry i am getting incorrect results. Where a corner is rounded, it appears to have a sharp corner at the point where the fillet ends which results in a higher than expeced e-field. Is there a way to get rid of this corner so I get accurate results? Two images are attached.

-------------------
Josh

1 Reply Last Post Apr 18, 2018, 6:22 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 18, 2018, 6:22 p.m. EDT

**Solved*

In case anyone ever has this same issue, I used "Form Composite Edges" under geometry and added the two edges and the fillet. It did make a difference in the values measured with a probe some distance away so this may be valuable to know.

-------------------
Josh
**Solved* In case anyone ever has this same issue, I used "Form Composite Edges" under geometry and added the two edges and the fillet. It did make a difference in the values measured with a probe some distance away so this may be valuable to know.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.