Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Port boundary condition in wave optics module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have some questions when using wave optics module, 1. I use "Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain" to simulate the Ez field property of 1550nm wavelength of a waveguide and the result is correct, the scattering boundary condition is chosen as source. Now I want to use "Electromagnetic Waves, Transient" to see the time responding of Ez field distribution, but I don't know how to define a plane wave excited by scattering boundary condition with a wavelength of 1550nm in "Electromagnetic Waves, Transient" module. What should define the value in Ez of scattering boundary condition? 2. I use port boundary condition as a source whose type is period to simulate the transmission efficiency of a waveguide, when I put the port into the innerior of the waveguide, the S-parameter is incorrect, when the slit type of port is chosen as "domain-backed" , it gives me S21 which is larger than 1, when the port type is chosen as "PEC-backed", the S21 is 0 at any wavelength. What should I choose? PEC-backed or Domain-backed? How can I get right S21? 3. How to define a circular-polarization light-source using port boundary condition? If the Ex,y,z vaules are defined as 1,i,0, is it a circular-polarization light?

0 Replies Last Post May 7, 2018, 10:43 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 德 阿

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.