Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameterized Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello again. I´m trying to simulate an easy model with two coils, and I want to study the proximity effect for several situations changing separation between coils, its radius and also its currents. Since it is so boring to simulate one by one each geometry when I change these parameters, I´m looking for information about how to do this in comsol. I have read something in the docs about Parameterized Geometry application mode, but I´m not sure I understand how it works and I don´t find any example similar to my case that can help me. There are only examples when the geometry changes by the effect of some physics. I hope someone can suggest me something. I only need to compute the resistance on each coils (I know how to do this), but in so many geometries to do it one by one.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 25, 2009, 4:37 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 25, 2009, 4:37 p.m. EST
Good day Pablo,
There are several ways to perform parametric sweeps of geometry in 3.5a: ALE, SolidWorks interface, and MatLab. In this case the ALE approach may be of most value. At the COMSOL web site go to the Model Gallery and look for "Parameterized I-Beam 4743." It is a very complete example.
Good Luck!
Good day Pablo, There are several ways to perform parametric sweeps of geometry in 3.5a: ALE, SolidWorks interface, and MatLab. In this case the ALE approach may be of most value. At the COMSOL web site go to the Model Gallery and look for "Parameterized I-Beam 4743." It is a very complete example. Good Luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.