Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling of magnetostrictive materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All!

I’m trying to simulate the behaviour of magnetostrictive material for MEMS applications. But in COMSOL there is no magnetostrictive application mode. Does anybody know how it can be possible to describe such kind of materials in COMSOL?

PS: Also I’m working with piezo-materials modeling using MEMS Piezoelectrical Mode and I have some troubles within. If I have understood well, this mode requires AC/DC Module/Electrostatic mode as well for couple it in a model? Isn't it? If yes, Why?

Can anybody help me with these questions?

Thank you in advance!

Gor

1 Reply Last Post Dec 15, 2009, 6:37 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 15, 2009, 6:37 a.m. EST
Hi Lebedev,

I'm working with piezo-mateials too, and I'm trying to simulate somethings with Comsol, but I need to use both the AC/DC module and piezo-solid mode, and introduce the electrostrictive effect in the global expressions. Maybe, for simulate the magnetostrictive effect, you should do something similar.

I'm trying to obtain the hysteresis and butterfly sharpe in a PZT, but it has impossible yet.

Sorry but I'm not speak fluent English, I hope that you understand that I've written.

Regards
Ana
Hi Lebedev, I'm working with piezo-mateials too, and I'm trying to simulate somethings with Comsol, but I need to use both the AC/DC module and piezo-solid mode, and introduce the electrostrictive effect in the global expressions. Maybe, for simulate the magnetostrictive effect, you should do something similar. I'm trying to obtain the hysteresis and butterfly sharpe in a PZT, but it has impossible yet. Sorry but I'm not speak fluent English, I hope that you understand that I've written. Regards Ana

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.