Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pulsed laser heating with reflection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! This has been asked severel times here and has never been answered. I want to pulse a Laser with known wavelength, known power, and known standard deviation in its intensity on a surface (Matter in 3D). This matter has a certain wavelength-dependent reflectivity.

There is a Boundary Condition "Deposited Beam Power" for heat transfers in solid, but I can't specify the wavelength nor the duration of the laser. I would also appreciate a general answer, e.g. what to do if I would want to let the Laser be active and inactive dependent on a custom function, for instance: Heaviside(sin(t)-0.8)

0 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2018, 8:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Armin Lohse

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.