Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

phase change of powder-liquid-solide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone! I'm trying to model the laser melting in the additive manufacturing which means I must have the correct phase change in the system. I want to model phase change of powder-liquid-solid that has three phase but the phase-change module in COMSOL only can realize phase1 to phase2. In addition, when powder change to liquid it will never change back to powder again but change to a solide phase. How can I do that using COMSOL?

I will be glad with your answers!

0 Replies Last Post Nov 19, 2018, 10:28 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Qing-Feng Guo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.