Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lockup table in thermometric model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Colleagues, Greeting, I'm Samar Akef, I need your help for adding a lockup table in thermoelectric model, how can i get the relation between the temperature and each of the following: 1-Seebeck coefficient. 2-Thermal Conductivity. 3-Electrical Conductivity.

-------------------
Samar Akef
RA&TA at AUC in Cairo

3 Replies Last Post Dec 20, 2018, 11:02 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 13, 2018, 10:16 a.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Dec 13, 2018, 3:10 p.m. EST

Hello Samar,

Look-up tables can be introduced with interpolation functions, see here

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Samar, Look-up tables can be introduced with interpolation functions, see [here](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/151123/importing-data-and-parameterizing?last=2017-07-25T15:12:43Z) Best, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 20, 2018, 4:33 a.m. EST

Hello Samar,

Look-up tables can be introduced with interpolation functions, see here

Best,

Jeff Dear Jeff, Thanks for your fast reply, Can you clarify to me in the Thermoelectric model the relation between the temperature and each of the following: Seebeck coefficient, Thermal and Electircal Conductivities which are using in the lock-up table?

-------------------
Samar Akef
RA&TA at AUC in Cairo
>Hello Samar, > >Look-up tables can be introduced with interpolation functions, see [here](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/151123/importing-data-and-parameterizing?last=2017-07-25T15:12:43Z) > >Best, > >Jeff Dear Jeff, Thanks for your fast reply, Can you clarify to me in the Thermoelectric model the relation between the temperature and each of the following: Seebeck coefficient, Thermal and Electircal Conductivities which are using in the lock-up table?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 20, 2018, 11:02 a.m. EST

Hello Samar,

I am not sure I understand your question correctly. Material properties such as the Seebeck coefficient and the thermal and electrical conductivities are inputs to the model that the end user of the software either selects from those provided in the software or supplies in the form of contants or functions (and you earlier expressed an interest in supplying them as functions of temperature via a look-up table). With those material properties selected/specified by the end user, the software solves the classical equations for electricity and heat transfer. See for instance this webinar which presents thermoelectric device modeling with COMSOL's Heat Transfer Module.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Samar, I am not sure I understand your question correctly. Material properties such as the Seebeck coefficient and the thermal and electrical conductivities are inputs to the model that the end user of the software either selects from those provided in the software or supplies in the form of contants or functions (and you earlier expressed an interest in supplying them as functions of temperature via a look-up table). With those material properties selected/specified by the end user, the software solves the classical equations for electricity and heat transfer. See for instance [this webinar](https://www.comsol.com/video/simulate-thermoelectric-devices-tecs) which presents thermoelectric device modeling with COMSOL's Heat Transfer Module. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.