Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plot 1d integral

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 2d solution to a PDE and I would like to integrate in y-direction from 0 to 1 and plot the integrated results again x. I am new to Comsol. I thought this should be rather easy to do. However, I could not figure out how to do this. The line integral function of Comsol requires to specify a line first. While I do have lines, but I need many of them. I guess some programming can do this. Is there an easier way than that?

5 Replies Last Post Jan 8, 2019, 5:35 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 7, 2019, 9:09 a.m. EST

Hello Xiaochao,

You can achieve this using a projection component coupling, see Rerence Guide for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.4, page 316 and following, and in particular the example at the top of page 320.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Xiaochao, You can achieve this using a projection component coupling, see Rerence Guide for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.4, page 316 and following, and in particular the example at the top of page 320. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 7, 2019, 4:14 p.m. EST

I see the examples. But it does not show how this is actually used in the contexts. Could you please point me to a vedio (at what time it is used and at what time I should start watching)? Thanks.

I see the examples. But it does not show how this is actually used in the contexts. Could you please point me to a vedio (at what time it is used and at what time I should start watching)? Thanks.

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 7, 2019, 4:38 p.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Jan 7, 2019, 4:40 p.m. EST

I don't know of any ready-made video on this specific topic, but I built for you the attached toy model that illustrates the basic operation of this feature. The underlying PDE I am solving is the heat transfer in solids equation, which gives me a temperature distribution T. The plot of the integral with respect with y of T is plotted in 1D Plot Group 3's Line Graph 1.

Should you need further assistance with this, please contact our support team at support@comsol.com .

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
I don't know of any ready-made video on this specific topic, but I built for you the attached toy model that illustrates the basic operation of this feature. The underlying PDE I am solving is the heat transfer in solids equation, which gives me a temperature distribution T. The plot of the integral with respect with y of T is plotted in 1D Plot Group 3's Line Graph 1. Should you need further assistance with this, please contact our support team at support@comsol.com . Best, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 7, 2019, 8:02 p.m. EST

I cannot open your file. Do you have it for version 5.3a? Thanks.

I cannot open your file. Do you have it for version 5.3a? Thanks.

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 8, 2019, 5:35 a.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Jan 8, 2019, 3:59 p.m. EST

I cannot offer to post models in other versions than the current one. Please consider updating your installation.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
I cannot offer to post models in other versions than the current one. Please consider updating your installation. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.