Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reaction Force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am setting a prescribed displacement on a rigid body. How can I get the reaction force of prescribed displacement on this rigid body?

Thanks in advance, Ke Wu

4 Replies Last Post Jan 23, 2019, 7:13 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 17, 2019, 11:19 a.m. EST

Hi,

I assume that you are referring to the Prescribed Displacement/Rotation subnode on a Rigid Domain.

You need to select the Evaluate reaction forces check box in the Reaction Force Settings section. Then, reaction forces will be available when you work with global results, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, I assume that you are referring to the **Prescribed Displacement/Rotation** subnode on a **Rigid Domain**. You need to select the **Evaluate reaction forces** check box in the **Reaction Force Settings** section. Then, reaction forces will be available when you work with global results, as shown in the attached screenshot. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 21, 2019, 11:26 a.m. EST

Thanks so much for your reply!

However, I didn't find the reaction force under rigid domain section.

I attached the screenshot below.

Could you tell me where I did it wrong?

Thanks, Ke Wu

Thanks so much for your reply! However, I didn't find the reaction force under rigid domain section. I attached the screenshot below. Could you tell me where I did it wrong? Thanks, Ke Wu

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 22, 2019, 3:39 a.m. EST

Hi,

You need to do a Global Evaluation. The reaction force on a rigid domain is a scalar result and not a field in the domain.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, You need to do a **Global Evaluation**. The reaction force on a rigid domain is a scalar result and not a field in the domain. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 23, 2019, 7:13 a.m. EST

Thank you so much!

Ke

Thank you so much! Ke

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.