Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CAP FACES error - "Operation not supported on virtual geometry"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying use an imported STL file of blood vessels to perform some fluid dynamics simulation. To close off the ends to create the fluid domain inside the vessels, I think the best way is to use the Cap Faces feature in CAD import module.

When I try to use this feature (choosing the loop defining the perimeter of the vessel cross section) - it just gives me an error "Operation not supported on virtual geometry".

Not sure what this means - please let me know if you know a solution.

0 Replies Last Post May 4, 2019, 10:00 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yuta Dobashi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.