Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

acoustic cavitation modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi.
I am a graduate student ,working towards Simulation of Cavitation inducted by acoustic horn in water, with COMSOL 3.5a.I will be grateful if anyone can indicate me some resources That would be helpful..
thanks..

shahram

4 Replies Last Post May 13, 2014, 10:37 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2009, 7:21 a.m. EST
well you should first describe what the goal and scope of your work are..
there is a lot of physic potentialy involved in this problem...
well you should first describe what the goal and scope of your work are.. there is a lot of physic potentialy involved in this problem...

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2009, 4:50 p.m. EST
Dear LEON,

Thank you for your reply.
I want to simulate a sono-reactor.an ultrasonic horn produces acoustic waves.propagation of the waves in the bulk of water generates cavity zones.my problem is modeling of the cavitation phenomenon with COMSOL...
best regards...

shahram
Dear LEON, Thank you for your reply. I want to simulate a sono-reactor.an ultrasonic horn produces acoustic waves.propagation of the waves in the bulk of water generates cavity zones.my problem is modeling of the cavitation phenomenon with COMSOL... best regards... shahram

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 7, 2011, 1:06 a.m. EST
I want to model acoustic cavitation in flowing media ,and want to analyze particle fragmentation.The situation is -: A solution of alumina is made to flow in a tubular structure and probe is inserted at a particular location.
Please help me with this.
I want to model acoustic cavitation in flowing media ,and want to analyze particle fragmentation.The situation is -: A solution of alumina is made to flow in a tubular structure and probe is inserted at a particular location. Please help me with this.

Posted: 10 years ago May 13, 2014, 10:37 a.m. EDT
Dear Shahram,

I encountered almost the same problem. Have you find all you needed information? Have you implemented acoustic cavitation modeling?

I would be happy to take your experience.

With best wishes, Anastasiia.
Dear Shahram, I encountered almost the same problem. Have you find all you needed information? Have you implemented acoustic cavitation modeling? I would be happy to take your experience. With best wishes, Anastasiia.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.