Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic / Ultrasonic related queries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

It is related to Acoustic / Ultrasonic. There is sink of SS material of dimensions 445 x 430 x 225 mm which is filled with water. There is a transducer at bottom of sink. Top of sink is open. By giving frequency to the transducer => pressure waves have been generated in the water which creates cavitation effect. This is used for to remove dirt particles from the object put into sink for cleaning. May be yr research paper is relevant to this. From this I want to find generated pressure, wave length, bubble generation rate, far field distance etc.

But when I have made model and ran it. There is some error like c or cE, roh etc not defined in the properties of material. But in actual it is there. This is the initial stage of my study. If this model can be made so I can go for further steps. I am using comsol 5.3a. Here, I am sending image of geometry.

Kindly do the needful as possible as earlier.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 15, 2019, 6:40 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vipul Rokad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 15, 2019, 6:40 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Oct 15, 2019, 6:41 a.m. EDT

Is it possible to generate cavitation bubble in water media by using Transducer in acoustic?

Is it possible to generate cavitation bubble in water media by using Transducer in acoustic?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.