Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Fluid Interface Data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been working through using Multiphysics to calculate droplet shape within a microfluidic channel, much like the following example:

www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1994/

The model is: "Two-Phase Flow, Laminar, Level Set"

What I would like to do now is to study mass transfer between the droplet and the surrounding fluid, in a "long" channel. One way I would think about approaching this is to look at one droplet in a moving reference frame. i would like the geometry of the interface to be as correct as possible. What I would like to do is to export the fluid interface data from this simulation and create a new simulation where this fluid boundary is fixed, so I can define boundary conditions on it, while still solving for the velocity profile in the surrounding liquid.

Any suggestions on how to go about exporting the fluid interface data (i.e. level set function = 0.5)?

0 Replies Last Post Dec 30, 2009, 3:54 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jerry Keybl

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.