Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenfrequencies in Frequency Domain, Modal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol forum,

I am trying to analysize the energy distribution of multiple eigenfrequencies of a simple metal object. I think the "Preset Studies for Selected Physics Interfaces" - "Frequency Domain, Modal" is for this kind of problem. However, I don't know how to set the searching frequencies on "Step 2: Frequency Domain, Modal" from the result eigenfrequencies found from "Step 1: Eigenfrequency." This means that I don't want to manually input these eigenfrequencies in the Study Settings - Frequencies in the Step 2, but (1). compute the eigenfrequency study (2). get those frequency result values and set it in Step 2 and compute the 2nd study, and calculate resultant energy. If there is any document that I could read about this, please let me know. Thank you very much.

• In other words, how to set the Eigenfrequencies result from Step 1 to the "Parameter values" of Modal Solver of Step 2? I mean in Solver Configuration..

1 Reply Last Post Aug 9, 2019, 9:30 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 9, 2019, 9:30 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Aug 9, 2019, 9:23 a.m. EDT

I am struggling with the same problem.

I am struggling with the same problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.