Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Saving result file separate from the Comsol model file ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I need to run multiple simulation using single Comsol model file and with variable geometric parameters.
Comsol doesn't allow the usage of parametric sweep for the model prepared in Comsol Modeler.

Is it possible to save the result file separate from the Comsol model file ?

Thx in advance,

Rakesh

1 Reply Last Post Jan 2, 2010, 12:47 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 2, 2010, 12:47 p.m. EST
Hi

I do not fully follow you, from my knowledge a mph file is the "geometry + model setup + mesh + results", you can export the geoemtry aa a spcific file, but if you import a new on you have most chances that your moel set-up will not works as the item indexes do no longer match, you may also save a mesh separately, but if you import one, you must transform it to to a geometry and then apply a model + ...

The only way I know how to extract a full model + results = "fem" structure and save it is through matlab (today, might be very different in V4).

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not fully follow you, from my knowledge a mph file is the "geometry + model setup + mesh + results", you can export the geoemtry aa a spcific file, but if you import a new on you have most chances that your moel set-up will not works as the item indexes do no longer match, you may also save a mesh separately, but if you import one, you must transform it to to a geometry and then apply a model + ... The only way I know how to extract a full model + results = "fem" structure and save it is through matlab (today, might be very different in V4). Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.