Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Getting quotient of 2 variables from two seperate studies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, Im running two seperate studies and im trying to find the transmittance of the model. To do this i need to divide the total pressure of a SPECIFIED domain in each solution. Im able to easily extract the data i need using Derived Values -> Surface Integration then plugging in my pressure expression for the specified domain in each solution and finally exporting this data to microsoft excel and dividing column by column and plotting this. Is there a way to divide the data and plot it all in comsol 5.2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies Last Post Aug 22, 2019, 2:28 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 22, 2019, 1:00 p.m. EDT

Lorenzo,

there are probably different ways to do that. You may want to check the documentation for 'Join' (not sure if they existed in 5.2?) datasets and for the with() and withsol() operators.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Lorenzo, there are probably different ways to do that. You may want to check the documentation for 'Join' (not sure if they existed in 5.2?) datasets and for the with() and withsol() operators. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 22, 2019, 2:04 p.m. EDT

Hi Edgar, Thanks for the reply. ive been using the join dataset but i couldnt make it for a specific domain. where can i find the withsol operator in comsol?

Hi Edgar, Thanks for the reply. ive been using the join dataset but i couldnt make it for a specific domain. where can i find the withsol operator in comsol?

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 22, 2019, 2:09 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Aug 22, 2019, 2:10 p.m. EDT

It is in the documentation with a couple of examples - very useful! I think you can also find blog contributions.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
It is in the documentation with a couple of examples - very useful! I think you can also find blog contributions.

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 22, 2019, 2:28 p.m. EDT

Lorenzo,

withsol() can be used in postprocessing in any expression as long as the solution you are addressing exists. Please keep this in the forum, there is no need to this in private.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Lorenzo, withsol() can be used in postprocessing in any expression as long as the solution you are addressing exists. Please keep this in the forum, there is no need to this in private. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.