Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sweep two parameters in parametric solver.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I wanna sweep two parameters with parametric solver, such as X(0,0.1,1) and
Y(1,0.1,2). I tried putting X Y in the "parameter names" and range(0,0.1,1) and
range(1,0.1,2) in the "parameter values", but it was a wrong way. I have read the
manual but they did not mention this kind of case. Hope you guys can help.

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Jan 4, 2010, 11:11 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 4, 2010, 1:43 a.m. EST
Hi

I can only advise to read (and re-read) the docs, to help index them to be able to do searches.

probably what went wrong is that if you say variables X Y (two or more) then the data (if I remember right) should be ordered x1 y1 x2 y2 ... and not x1 x2 ... y1 y2 ...

Furthermore the first variable msut eb strictly monotone, that is strictly increasing or decreasing

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can only advise to read (and re-read) the docs, to help index them to be able to do searches. probably what went wrong is that if you say variables X Y (two or more) then the data (if I remember right) should be ordered x1 y1 x2 y2 ... and not x1 x2 ... y1 y2 ... Furthermore the first variable msut eb strictly monotone, that is strictly increasing or decreasing Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 4, 2010, 11:11 a.m. EST
Thank you Ivar,

I understand what you meant. That actually is a correct method, but what I need to solve is a large range with small intervals like (0,0.01,5) and obviously this x1 y1 x2 y2 ... way is not reasonable. Maybe I will try to load the data from a file.

Thank you
Boyang
Thank you Ivar, I understand what you meant. That actually is a correct method, but what I need to solve is a large range with small intervals like (0,0.01,5) and obviously this x1 y1 x2 y2 ... way is not reasonable. Maybe I will try to load the data from a file. Thank you Boyang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.