Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to setup a periodic Boundary condition with automatic remeshing?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a laminar flow problem coupled with heat transfer. The domain is periodic in the lateral direction, so I use the periodic flow condition for laminar flow and the periodic flow condition for heat transfer in solid. I have the copy I node in the mesh generated by physics-controlled mesh setting.

It works fine with I don't have automatic remeshing enabled. If I want to implement automatic remeshing (because the fluid interface deforms quite severely and the mesh quality becomes quite poor), then it gives an error when remeshing occurs. It says 'Failed to build feature 'Copy 1' in sequence 'Mesh 1'. Geometry object and mesh object are not compatible. Vertex coordinates differ.'.

So it looks like there is some problem with the copy 1 node related to periodic boundary condition. What does it mean for vertex coordinates to differ? How to solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2019, 11:59 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Oct 21, 2019, 11:59 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Oct 21, 2019, 7:59 a.m. EDT

Here is a simpler problem (see attached mph file): A rectangular domain with its bottom side moving upward at constant speed. I have the automatic remeshing and periodic boundary condition enabled. It gives error when it needs to do the remeshing because 'Vertex coordinates differ.' How to solve such this problem?

Here is a simpler problem (see attached mph file): A rectangular domain with its bottom side moving upward at constant speed. I have the automatic remeshing and periodic boundary condition enabled. It gives error when it needs to do the remeshing because 'Vertex coordinates differ.' How to solve such this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.