Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ambient thermal properties defined as variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi users,

I'm studying a rather simple case (1d) where I have defined some heat and moisture transport with the use of PDEs. The reason I'm not using the predefined heat transfer modules is due to an additional source/sink term defined as an ODE.

What I need is to define the moisture content as a dirichlet boundary condition. Here, I would like to define it as a function of the ambient moisture content. So I need to extract the ambient moisture content (or relative humidity) from the weather file as a variable. Is this even possible?

Best, Mes

2 Replies Last Post Dec 12, 2019, 3:07 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Dec 10, 2019, 9:16 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Dec 10, 2019, 4:16 a.m. EST

Hello Mes,

If you have the ambient moisture at various times in a file, this is a job for an Interpolation Function, see e.g. the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics 5.5, page 322 and following. All manuals can be accessed from within the software via File > Help > Documentation. There are also many threads that discuss Interpolation functions in this Discussion Forum.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Mes, If you have the ambient moisture at various times in a file, this is a job for an Interpolation Function, see e.g. the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics 5.5, page 322 and following. All manuals can be accessed from within the software via File > Help > Documentation. There are also many threads that discuss Interpolation functions in this Discussion Forum. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 4 years ago Dec 12, 2019, 3:07 a.m. EST

Thanks a lot :-)

Thanks a lot :-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.