Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Force varying with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, im quite new with Comsol and im doing an assignemnet where the force at the end of the beam keeps changing with time i have the formula, i just dont know where and how to key it in, because its a step function and there is t (time) in it. should i define define t for it?. i have already selected time dependent study and defined other parameters as well as choosing point load. i just dont know what to write in the box!! the force is exerted in the negative dircetion of Z.i really appreciate if someone tell me what to do. i have already attached the fomula below. Many thanks

1 Reply Last Post Dec 24, 2019, 5:18 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Dec 24, 2019, 5:18 a.m. EST

hello,

you use a time analysis, and you declare this formula in global function definition, and COMSOL understands that t is time. for more details, attach your model. cordialment

hello, you use a time analysis, and you declare this formula in global function definition, and COMSOL understands that t is time. for more details, attach your model. cordialment

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.