Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Auxiliary sweep return same results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I am using comsol to run a simulation for a silicon-based mems capacitive force sensor.

I have included the solid mechanics and electrostatic physics to solve for a stationary study.

I am using an auxiliary sweep, with continuation from the last paramter, to alter the loaded force and calculate the membrane deformation and overall capacitive change.

The problem I am facing is that different force loadings in the sweep ended up returning the same results (same membrane deformation and capacitance change).

This happens normally only at the last few large forces of the sweep, but when I included a thermal expansion (318K with 298K reference) for both the linear elastic and hyperelastic (neo-hookean) material, the problem will occur even at extremely small loading forces.

I am unsure what steps can be taken to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much! ML

0 Replies Last Post Dec 23, 2019, 4:13 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Meng-Lin Hsieh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.