Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The Eigenfrequency Study in a FE-BE model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am a beginner in COMSOL Multiphysics and use it for the vibroacoustic modelling. In my model, I use the FEM to model the structure and the BEM to model the external air domain. I got an issue when I was trying to obtain the natural frequency of the coupled system by using the Eigenfrequency Study: the results are completely the same as the in-vacue nature frequency (the coupling option box in the Multiphysics couplings is ticked). Previously I can got the coupled natural frequency in a FE-FE model where the acoustic domain is also modeled by FEM. I am wondering if I am not correctly set the study or there is some other issues in my model. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Many thanks!

2 Replies Last Post Apr 28, 2020, 2:18 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dong Zhao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 28, 2020, 12:34 p.m. EDT

Hello, I am struggling with the same kind problem, have you find a solution to yours ? Thank you and best wishes , Chloë

Hello, I am struggling with the same kind problem, have you find a solution to yours ? Thank you and best wishes , Chloë

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 28, 2020, 2:18 p.m. EDT

Hi Chloë, unfortunately I haven't got a solution for this issue. Many thanks. Dong.

>Hello, I am struggling with the same kind problem, have you find a solution to yours ? >Thank you and best wishes , >Chloë Hi Chloë, unfortunately I haven't got a solution for this issue. Many thanks. Dong.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.