Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermo-Mechanical Modeling of Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am a bit new to COMSOL. So, i have a question regarding the coupling of different analysis.

I have developed a transient 3D thermal model for 3D printing and did the thermal analysis.

Now, my next step is to do develop a Mechanical Model also. So i am trying to develop a Thermo-mechanical Model for 3D Printing.

I tried to do a transient fully coupled Thermo-mechanical model. But it takes a lot of time.

So, the idea is, that i want to solve Thermal analysis first and save its thermal history for each time step. And then import these solution as a thermal load for the Mechanical Analysis.

Is it possible to do this in COMSOL and if yes, how can i do that ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards Vaibhav

0 Replies Last Post Jan 16, 2020, 5:00 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vaibhav Nain

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.