Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coil - Magnetic Field Numeric coil setting

Sanchayan Rajeetharan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I'm new to comsol I have to build a rectangle coil and monitor magnetic field arround it. Coil type is not circular.

So i tried Conductor model : Homogenized multi turn Coil type : Numeric i'm stuck here . can anyone help ?

6 Replies Last Post Jan 18, 2020, 6:21 a.m. EST

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 16, 2020, 9:37 a.m. EST

The attached file is a few version old (Comsol 4.3) but should give you a good grounding in the different ways to model coils in Comsol.

Of course, more recent versions of Comsol may have slightly different methods and capabilities.

Good luck!

The attached file is a few version old (Comsol 4.3) but should give you a good grounding in the different ways to model coils in Comsol. Of course, more recent versions of Comsol may have slightly different methods and capabilities. Good luck!

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 16, 2020, 12:37 p.m. EST

Sanchayan,

Attached is working model.

Regards,

Sergei

Sanchayan, Attached is working model. Regards, Sergei

Sanchayan Rajeetharan

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 17, 2020, 5:16 a.m. EST

Hello ,

Thanks for instant replys.

@Mortal . It's V5.4

@Sergei Thanks for your time, but still i have issue. I'm simulating this result for the purpose of building a Gradient coil for MRI. Means i will end up using multiturns of coils. Your setting on conductor model is : Single conductor. How to implement it on multi turn coil.

When i implemented it on multi turn coil , i get the error " Could not determine the center of the circular coil ".

Regards

Hello , Thanks for instant replys. @Mortal . It's V5.4 @Sergei Thanks for your time, but still i have issue. I'm simulating this result for the purpose of building a Gradient coil for MRI. Means i will end up using multiturns of coils. Your setting on conductor model is : Single conductor. How to implement it on multi turn coil. When i implemented it on multi turn coil , i get the error " Could not determine the center of the circular coil ". Regards

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 17, 2020, 7:54 a.m. EST

Sanchayan,

Attached is multiturn coil.

Regards,

Sergei

Sanchayan, Attached is multiturn coil. Regards, Sergei

Sanchayan Rajeetharan

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 17, 2020, 8:08 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Jan 17, 2020, 8:30 a.m. EST

Sanchayan,

Regards,

Sergei

hei

You have answered the original question. Big thanks.!!! Now im trying to build by myself more complex model.

Can i ask a geometry question. At your model the selection happens on whole domain attribute. when im developing the selection happens on faces of the shape attribute. Where im doing it wrong.

Regards

>Sanchayan, > >Attached is multiturn coil. > >Regards, > >Sergei hei You have answered the original question. Big thanks.!!! Now im trying to build by myself more complex model. Can i ask a geometry question. At your model the selection happens on whole domain attribute. when im developing the selection happens on faces of the shape attribute. Where im doing it wrong. Regards

Sanchayan Rajeetharan

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 18, 2020, 6:21 a.m. EST

Sanchayan,

Regards,

Sergei

Hei.

I have sorted the issue. big thanks once again.

regards

>Sanchayan, > >Attached is multiturn coil. > >Regards, > >Sergei Hei. I have sorted the issue. big thanks once again. regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.