Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Obtaining Connectivity Matrix

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am using Comsol 5.4. I need to get the connectivity matrix so that I will use the nodal values to calculate the elemental values in Matlab.

Thank you,

3 Replies Last Post Jan 29, 2020, 4:09 a.m. EST
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 28, 2020, 9:33 a.m. EST

One of the reasons for using Comsol Multiphysics is that you don't have to make these matrices yourself.

You can get the information you need from the mphmeshstats function. For more advanced information about the internal storage of data in Comsol you should consult the mphxmeshinfo function.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
One of the reasons for using Comsol Multiphysics is that you don't have to make these matrices yourself. You can get the information you need from the mphmeshstats function. For more advanced information about the internal storage of data in Comsol you should consult the mphxmeshinfo function.

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 29, 2020, 3:13 a.m. EST

Hello Lars,

I need to do some calculations by using the Darcy's Velocity (dl.U) in element level and use this information for other calculations. I tried mphmeshstats and mphxmeshinfo functions and the outputs are given as screenshot below. It seems like it doesn't give me what I want. Do you have any other suggestions? Or should I do additional things with those functions?

Thank you,

Hello Lars, I need to do some calculations by using the Darcy's Velocity (dl.U) in element level and use this information for other calculations. I tried mphmeshstats and mphxmeshinfo functions and the outputs are given as screenshot below. It seems like it doesn't give me what I want. Do you have any other suggestions? Or should I do additional things with those functions? Thank you,

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 29, 2020, 4:09 a.m. EST

mphmeshstats has an extra output. See the LiveLink for Matlab User's Guide in the section titled "Extract And Create Mesh Information".

The output of xmeshinfo is a struct with a lot of sublevels which are not for the faint of heart.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
mphmeshstats has an extra output. See the LiveLink for Matlab User's Guide in the section titled "Extract And Create Mesh Information". The output of xmeshinfo is a struct with a lot of sublevels which are not for the faint of heart.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.