Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adjust colour range for post-processing

Arthur Biomedical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I would like to adjust the colour range of the von Mises Stress such that it automatically shows the maximum and minimum stress values of the domain that is actually visible in the graphics window (i.e. exclude the higher stress values of the domains that are hidden).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you very much!

-------------------
Avk

3 Replies Last Post Apr 1, 2020, 4:24 a.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 31, 2020, 9:48 a.m. EDT

Hi Arthur,

I'm not sure that it fulfills what you want to achieve, but perhaps a Filter or Selection subnode could be useful here.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi Arthur, I'm not sure that it fulfills what you want to achieve, but perhaps a Filter or Selection subnode could be useful here. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 1, 2020, 2:11 a.m. EDT

Hidden domains aren't plotted and shouldn't affect the color legend's range. Thus I would expect you to already see the maximum and minimum values that you want. Can you post a model here or send to COMSOL support?

Hidden domains aren't plotted and shouldn't affect the color legend's range. Thus I would expect you to already see the maximum and minimum values that you want. Can you post a model here or send to COMSOL support?

Arthur Biomedical Engineering

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 1, 2020, 4:24 a.m. EDT

Thank you very much for your replies. You are completely correct Gunnar, I must have overlooked it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-------------------
Avk
Thank you very much for your replies. You are completely correct Gunnar, I must have overlooked it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.