Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using a variable from another physics interface as a boundary condition for a physics interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am simulating an isfet. I am using "semiconductor" and "electrostatic" physics for my geomtry. What I am trying to do is to compute an electric potential for a surface that is adjacent to my semiconductor by using "electrostatic" physics. Then, use this potential as a boundary condition for computing "semicondutor" . I have tried pointwise boundary condition" and have set the condition on my boundary to (V-V2) . (V is dependant variable in semi and V2 is dependant variable in es) . but it seems boundary condition is not effecting the solution. In general, How can I use a dependant variable from another physics (electrostatic) interface to set boundary condition for a physics interface (semiconductor) . I have attached a photo as well. There is no multiphysics for this. I truly appreciate if someone guids me... Thank you

0 Replies Last Post May 18, 2020, 2:25 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shahrzad Molavi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.