Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Assigning permittivity dependent frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I am a new user of comsol multiphysics and I kindly want someone to help me concerning the below problem:

I am trying to create a new(user defined ) material based on generated complex permittivity using Comsol 4.4. the data are arranged like this: f=(1,2,3,4) n=(0,5,10,15) k=(1,2,3,4). Where f, n, and k are the frequency, real part of refractive index and imaginary part of refractive index, respectively.

how can I put those material properties in COMSOL ?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post May 29, 2020, 12:39 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago May 29, 2020, 12:39 p.m. EDT

4.4 was a long time ago.

Either you will need to enter a complex relative permittivity or a conductivity. Try complex permittivity first.

Look up the transformation from n,k to e', e'' in a textbook.

4.4 was a long time ago. Either you will need to enter a complex relative permittivity or a conductivity. Try complex permittivity first. Look up the transformation from n,k to e', e'' in a textbook.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.