Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why positive ion decreases even with no recombination?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I faced a problem and i have no idea why this happens

I'm simulating a air discharge(N2, O2, H2O) in a pulse applied voltage

this is global model (0 dimension)

I'm simulating in a step wise manner

This is problem in a time sequence

1. i noticed that electron decays even in a only ionizaiton reactions is enabled

2. In theory guide, electron is calculated by summation of other ion's charge

3. So after precise investigation, i noticed that positive ions decays right after the pulse discharge

4. why this happen? I disabled all the recombination and attatchment ( my expectation is ion density remains constant after ionization, pulse)

5. In 'equation view', there are no sink term in positive ions

6. Anyone can help me?

0 Replies Last Post Jun 10, 2020, 5:24 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello JaeHyun Nam

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.