Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Non Periodic / One Time Instantaneous EVENTS

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi COMSOL enthusiasts,

Currently I am working on caloric materials with "Heat Transfer" module, that under a stimuli, eg: pressure, magnetic field, etc... change their temperature following a certain behaviour. In my case I am trying to simulate the application and removal of a magnetic field on that said material, through the EVENTS module with a ON/OFF variable. So far so good, I can turn ON my magnetic cycle without any problems (and change the temperature variable as needed).

Now I wanted to "Switch Off" this cycle for an instant t, and let the simulation run its course till the end, letting the solver solve for the independent variable Temperature with having to add or subtract a Delta T due to the magnetic field.

In other words, can I choose the number of cycles that I can do in EVENTS? If I only want to switch my logical trigger once, do the math for that instant and then let the field "turned ON" but without affecting the temperature calculation henceforth, will I be able to do it? Can I implement a One Time Instantaneous Event (Non Periodic) that depends on a logical condition that recognises the independent variable t during the simulation?

Thank you in advanced Warmest regards

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2020, 12:45 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello António Lopes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.