Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

boundary condition discussion: sound power of a vibration rectangle plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear,

I am trying to model the sound power from a vibrating rectangle under frequency domain excitation. The rectangle plate is 500mm300mm2mm steel plate. Four edges are simply supported using the internal simply support constrains. A force 1N is applied at the center of the plate in Z direction. Also a sphere with radius 500 is built as air domain around the steel plate. Multiphysis analysis combine pressure acoustic and structure dynamics(shell) are used for the study.

The sound power radiated from the plate is my concern.

Two different boudary conditions are used. 1.set the outer surface as sphere radiation as the boundary condiation. 2.set two layers in the sphere and using PML layer.

Also three different calculation method for sound power calculation are used. 1.calculate abs(p)^2/acpr.rho/acpr/c and intergrate in the inner surface(air domain); 2.integrate sound intensity(acpr.I_mag) in the inner surface(air domain); 3.simply calculate mean sound intensity(acpr.I_mag) plus the inner surface of air domain.

What troubles me is that different setup leads to different result.

Could you help suggest which one maybe the most accurate one?

Thanks very much.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 28, 2020, 7:06 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 良云 王

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.