Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axial stress on both sides of plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am solving problem for tensile stress in plate in which natural frequency changes by applying stress along x-axis on both sides of plate.

I am giving floquet periodicity on both sides of x-axis and giving boundary loads on both sides of x-axis in terms of total force. When I compute eigenfrequency analysis it gives me error.

If I fix 1 side of plate for constraints then problem changes because I want stress on both sides. Suggest me how to how to solve such kind of problem. Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post Oct 5, 2020, 1:36 a.m. EDT

Posted: 3 years ago Sep 29, 2020, 5:21 a.m. EDT

Dear Raza,

From my understanding, you want a prestressed eigenfrequency solution, this is a stationary solver followed by an eigenfrequency solver. It is inbuilt in COMSOL.

If you give boundary loads on both sides of the plate using a force, this will solve in the stationary study then input into the eigenfrequency solver. What are your boundary conditions? A plate 2 sides fixed and other 2 have the force applied to them? From your query it is hard to understand why you have floquet periodicity.

Kind regards, TY

Dear Raza, From my understanding, you want a prestressed eigenfrequency solution, this is a stationary solver followed by an eigenfrequency solver. It is inbuilt in COMSOL. If you give boundary loads on both sides of the plate using a force, this will solve in the stationary study then input into the eigenfrequency solver. What are your boundary conditions? A plate 2 sides fixed and other 2 have the force applied to them? From your query it is hard to understand why you have floquet periodicity. Kind regards, TY

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 5, 2020, 1:36 a.m. EDT

Hi sir, My plate is free from both sides (x-axis ) and I am giving load from both sides as well but it gives error because I am not giving any constraints that's why I fixed it from 1 side.

So, actually I want to simulate plate which is free from both sides and I give boundary load from both ends. Is there any boundary condition which I can apply here?

Thanks.

Hi sir, My plate is free from both sides (x-axis ) and I am giving load from both sides as well but it gives error because I am not giving any constraints that's why I fixed it from 1 side. So, actually I want to simulate plate which is free from both sides and I give boundary load from both ends. Is there any boundary condition which I can apply here? Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.