Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Apply outward radial pressure of same magnitude on a inner 2D ring

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to investigate the relation between the pressure and the diameter of a 2D ring configuration. As shown in this picture, I would like to apply the radial pressure with the same magnitude to the inner surface of the 2D ring structure, but there seems to be only loading in x or y direction that can be applied to the structure. My question is that how to apply the radial pressure to the inner surface of a 2D ring structure?

I will very appreciate anyone could help that! Best wishes Ricky

2 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2020, 2:22 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 17, 2020, 7:00 p.m. EDT

There are several ways to do this.

Easiest: one of the options under Boundary Load is...pressure.

Next (if no large displacements): write it out in terms of components.

Another option: use surface normals.

There are several ways to do this. Easiest: one of the options under Boundary Load is...pressure. Next (if no large displacements): write it out in terms of components. Another option: use surface normals.

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 18, 2020, 2:22 p.m. EDT

Hi Dave Thanks for that information. Could you please give me a bit more information on theses methods?, as I still didn't quite get that. Best wishes Ricky

Hi Dave Thanks for that information. Could you please give me a bit more information on theses methods?, as I still didn't quite get that. Best wishes Ricky

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.