Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D Line Contour to 2D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a 1D line segments that are connected to form a 2D shape. However, I want the 2D shape to be filled in so that it can be a domain. Does anyone know how I would do this? The 2D shape is currently outlining the domain boundaries but is empty. I already have a union between all of the domain boundaries as well but just wanted to know how to fill it in.

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Apr 14, 2021, 3:10 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 14, 2021, 3:10 p.m. EDT

Right-click Geometry, choose Conversions -->, and "Convert to Solid." Then select the connected set of curves and click Build Selected.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Right-click Geometry, choose Conversions -->, and "Convert to Solid." Then select the connected set of curves and click Build Selected.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.