Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundaries needing material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

(1) I have two domains. I have assigned two different materials to both the domains. Still why do I get error saying that boundaries are needing material assignment ? Please see attachment (screenshot).

(2) If I have a single domain - for example a cube - then still do I need to assign material to
boundaries ?

If I remember correctly, I got error message when I opened the node : "Heat Transfer with surface to surface radiation". Before that I did not get error message, I guess.

I am new to comsol. Any help will be highly appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post May 14, 2021, 9:05 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago May 14, 2021, 9:05 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago May 14, 2021, 9:11 p.m. EDT

I suggest you post your model file (the .mph file) to the forum. This would allow others to take a closer look at the details of the settings you have for the particular boundaries in question. And just to clarify: by saying "two different materials to both the domains," do you really mean that literally, i.e., that each domain has two different materials assigned to it at the same time? Or do you really mean that each domain has its own, individual (single) material, and that there are two domains. The second interpretation would make more sense in most cases, so I am guessing that is what you meant.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I suggest you post your model file (the .mph file) to the forum. This would allow others to take a closer look at the details of the settings you have for the particular boundaries in question. And just to clarify: by saying "two different materials to both the domains," do you really mean that literally, i.e., that *each* domain has *two different materials* assigned to it at the same time? Or do you really mean that each domain has its own, individual (single) material, and that there are two domains. The second interpretation would make more sense in most cases, so I am guessing that is what you meant.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.