Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Current Density Plot with EC physics

Hello,

I'm very new to comsol and was wondering if one is able to plot the electric current between two plates through a liquid (conductive) solution. I've been looking at the busbar example and see that in order to get the surface current plotted, the example adds a 3D Plot Group->adds a Surface-> Replaces the expression with the Electric Currents>current density norm (jh.normJ).

My question is: Is this same expression available when I'm using an EC stationary study?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 14 Nov 2012 14:40 GMT-05:00
Posted: 5 years ago 14 Nov 2012 14:40 GMT-05:00
Hi

the EC solves for V such that your conducting media has some current passing, but COMSOL will give you the current "density" so you need to define a spatial direction and length (an edge, or a Data Set Cut line) to get the current flow, to get the total current along a direction you need to integrate over some area (perpendicular to your edge / line)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the EC solves for V such that your conducting media has some current passing, but COMSOL will give you the current "density" so you need to define a spatial direction and length (an edge, or a Data Set Cut line) to get the current flow, to get the total current along a direction you need to integrate over some area (perpendicular to your edge / line) -- Good luck Ivar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.