Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE solution at mesh points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am solving a PDE problem. I want to collect the solution information at the corresponding mesh points. I already know that I can get my solution in fem.sol.u and mesh points in fem.mesh.p. However, I still couldn't find a way to establish their relationship. For example, let the number of mesh points be 1000, then the solution will have size of 1000*Nt, where Nt is the number of time steps. I have already plotted the solution at some mesh points, and noticed that u(i,t) is not the expected solution at mesh point i. So, what's the correct mapping between them. I'd appreciate it if someone can help me.

Windson

2 Replies Last Post Jul 31, 2009, 4:21 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 30, 2009, 10:25 a.m. EDT
... maybe I didn't wellexplained my problem.

I am solving a PDE using femtime function. As I read in the document, the plist property is missing in fem.sol object in this case (not like in the stationary case). In fact, I want to know what u value will be at a given time instant and specified spatial vertice. Is there any way to do that? I need your help. Thanks.
... maybe I didn't wellexplained my problem. I am solving a PDE using femtime function. As I read in the document, the plist property is missing in fem.sol object in this case (not like in the stationary case). In fact, I want to know what u value will be at a given time instant and specified spatial vertice. Is there any way to do that? I need your help. Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 31, 2009, 4:21 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Did you already look into the posteval and postinterp function?

Bye, Domenico.

... maybe I didn't wellexplained my problem.

I am solving a PDE using femtime function. As I read in the document, the plist property is missing in fem.sol object in this case (not like in the stationary case). In fact, I want to know what u value will be at a given time instant and specified spatial vertice. Is there any way to do that? I need your help. Thanks.

Hi, Did you already look into the posteval and postinterp function? Bye, Domenico. [QUOTE] ... maybe I didn't wellexplained my problem. I am solving a PDE using femtime function. As I read in the document, the plist property is missing in fem.sol object in this case (not like in the stationary case). In fact, I want to know what u value will be at a given time instant and specified spatial vertice. Is there any way to do that? I need your help. Thanks. [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.