Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Heat Transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am having difficulties solving a transient heat transfer problem, but the problem can be solved in stationary. I have attached the file. I am working on an analysis of hot pipes embedded in soil.

I am looking forward to hearing any feedbacks from any one of you.

Thanking you in advance.

2 Replies Last Post Feb 14, 2013, 11:01 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 14, 2013, 5:31 a.m. EST
Hi,

Your model needs initial solution to solve transient situation. Select under "study1 => solver1 => dependent variables => initial values of variables solver for" solution where to start.

Best regards

Tero Hietanen
Hi, Your model needs initial solution to solve transient situation. Select under "study1 => solver1 => dependent variables => initial values of variables solver for" solution where to start. Best regards Tero Hietanen

Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 14, 2013, 11:01 a.m. EST
Gary,

Although you have a Time Dependent study step, the solver sequence contains a Stationary solver. I'm assuming that the solver sequence was generated with a Stationary study step, and then the Stationary study step was subsequently replaced by a Time Dependent study step. Whenever the type or number of study steps is altered in a study, delete the current solver sequence by right-clicking on Solver Configurations and selecting "Delete Solvers", and then generate a new solver sequence.

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Gary, Although you have a Time Dependent study step, the solver sequence contains a Stationary solver. I'm assuming that the solver sequence was generated with a Stationary study step, and then the Stationary study step was subsequently replaced by a Time Dependent study step. Whenever the type or number of study steps is altered in a study, delete the current solver sequence by right-clicking on Solver Configurations and selecting "Delete Solvers", and then generate a new solver sequence. -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.